|Year : 2019 | Volume
| Issue : 4 | Page : 344
Answers to retina quiz
Department of Ophthalmology, Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
|Date of Submission||14-Nov-2019|
|Date of Acceptance||15-Nov-2019|
|Date of Web Publication||26-Dec-2019|
Dr. Mayur Rokdey
Department of Ophthalmology, Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore - 641 014, Tamil Nadu
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Rokdey M. Answers to retina quiz. TNOA J Ophthalmic Sci Res 2019;57:344
| Answer 1|| |
- Artificial silicon retina chip implant
- Subretinal space
- Neurotrophic rescue effects of visual function in retinitis pigmentosa patients.
| Answer 2|| |
- Type 1: Closed without foveal neurosensory retinal defect
- Type 2: Closed with foveal neurosensory retinal defect
- Optical coherence tomography
- Glial scar reapposes but does not regenerate and foveal photoreceptors proliferate.
| Answer 3|| |
- Angioid streaks
- The term “angioid streaks” was coined by Knapp in 1892
- Pseudoxanthoma elasticum.
| Answer 4|| |
- Adult-onset vitelliform foveomacular dystrophy
- Near normal or subnormal electroretinogram and electrooculogram with normal Arden ratio
- BEST 1 gene 9 (bestrophin protein).
| Answer 5|| |
- Inner retinal dimpling seen after internal limiting membrane peeling
- Inner retinal layers are affected
- The dimples seem to be the result of interplay between trauma and healing processes constrained by the nerve fiber layer.
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.