|Year : 2020 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 136-137
M Moses Rajamani1, Niranjan Karthik Senthil Kumar2
1 Department of Ophthalmology, Dr. Agarwals Eye Hospital, Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu, India
2 Department of Ophthalmology, Regional Institute of Ophthalmology and Government Ophthalmic Hospital, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Date of Submission||11-Mar-2020|
|Date of Acceptance||03-Apr-2020|
|Date of Web Publication||17-Jun-2020|
Dr. M Moses Rajamani
Dr. Agarwals Eye Hospital, No 32 B, Indira Gandhi Salai, Kancheepuram - 631 502, Tamil Nadu
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Rajamani M M, Senthil Kumar NK. Quiz. TNOA J Ophthalmic Sci Res 2020;58:136-7
1. The test that presents a low spatial frequency grating during visual field testing that preferentially activates M cells are
- Suprathreshold testing
- Standard white on white perimetry
- Frequency doubling technology
- None of the above.
2. Residual thickness of the stromal bed following LASIK equals
- Preoperative corneal thickness minus the amount of tissue ablated
- Preoperative corneal thickness minus flap thickness
- Preoperative corneal thickness plus flap thickness minus the amount of tissue ablated
- Preoperative corneal thickness minus the sum of flap thickness and the amount of tissue ablated.
3. Which of the following complications of filtration surgery is significantly more likely with inferiorly placed blebs?
- Choroidal hemorrhage
- Cystic bleb encapsulation
- Aqueous misdirection syndrome.
4. Reliable methods of estimating visual acuity in preverbal child include all except
- Optokinetic nystagmus testing
- Preferential looking test
- Visual evoked potential
5. MiKulicz's syndrome is chronic dacryoadenitis with
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Enlargement and inflammation of salivary glands (parotid)
- Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca
- Systemic Lupus erythematosus.
6. (a) Identify the characteristic Hess Chart? (b) What is the eponymous name given to this syndrome? (c) Indications for intervention? [Figure 1]
7. A male child presented with growth retardation; pituitary insufficiency; diabetes insipidus; normal cognitive development; intact neurologic status; normal language development; late appropriate behavior. Ocular exam showed optic nerve hypoplasia. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) showed absence of the septum pellucidum; agenesis of corpus callosum; enlargement of ventricles
- Identify the syndrome
- What are its other ocular findings.
8. A 47-year-old woman presented with a history of acute decrease in vision of the right eye 4 years ago. She had a large right relative pupillary afferent defect. Anterior segment examination was within normal limits and her ocular motility was full with no ocular misalignment or limitation of eye movements. MRI of the brain and orbit with contrast enhancement, which showed a small extra-axial lesion along the right anterior clinoid process showing peripheral enhancement
- What is the probable diagnosis
- Name the characteristic triad seen in this condition and its components.
9. A middle-aged homemaker presented with absence of sweating on the right side of the body for the past 7 years with increasing tiredness and heat intolerance for 2 years. She also had excessive sweating over the left side. On ophthalmological examination, there was sluggish pupillary reaction of the left eye with dilation lag that reacted better to accommodation. The findings established tonic pupillary near response with light-near dissociation anterior segment and fundus of both eyes were normal and there was no refractive error
- Mention the syndrome
- What is the underlying pupillary condition called?
- Name another syndrome associated with this kind of pupil and its systemic association.
Declaration of patient consent
The authors certify that they have obtained all appropriate patient consent forms. In the form the patient(s) has/have given his/her/their consent for his/her/their images and other clinical information to be reported in the journal. The patients understand that their names and initials will not be published and due efforts will be made to conceal their identity, but anonymity cannot be guaranteed.
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.